sajie

Crazy For Books

I'm a film/television producer and book scout. I'm always looking for book material to work with. I love film and television as well as reading. The best job in the world is being able to marry the two.

Hidden Gem - Review Request from Author

Hard Body Rock  - Nora Flite

ARC provided by author for an honest review.

4.5 HEADSTONE STARS

Wow... I have to say when I saw the feed for this book, at first I ignored it. I mean, I have enough to read, Right?! Well, I kept getting alerts from the feed with people responding that they liked it and I can't resist a good Rock Star Romance. Now that I've read it, I can totally understand what everyone else, who'd previously read it, has been going on about.

Lola Cooper, nineteen year old little sister to Barbed Fire lead singer and guitar player Sean Cooper. She's acting as a roadie for the band, on tour as supporting act to Four and a Half Headstones.

description

When guitarist Johnny is thrown out of the band in the middle of the tour by lead singer Drezden Halifax (let me stop and say that is a freaking awesome name), they hold an impromptu audition for his replacement, which Lola wins, much to her surprise. She's learned from the best, her brother, but isn't confident in her own talent. When she blows the band away, she is thrown into dynamics she's not yet prepared for. What's with how Drez is treating her and why does she feel the way she does whenever he looks at her? Why did Sean recommend she audition if he seems so funny now that she's gotten the position?

But the biggest issue is that Drez is finding it harder and harder to talk himself into staying away from Lola, for the sake of the band, for his and mostly for her sake.

description

There is passion for the music, anticipation of an attraction, lust and anxiety. You read it and feel it in every line. I love the dual point of view of the growing attraction between Lola an Drezden. Both of them talking themselves out of what they feel and what they think they see in the other. The curiosity of their pasts is palpable.

All I can say is I'm going to dive right into the next book Slow Body Rock that the author has graciously sent to me. I love finding a new voice. It doesn't always work out, but in this case... It Worked!

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/848759673