sajie

Crazy For Books

I'm a film/television producer and book scout. I'm always looking for book material to work with. I love film and television as well as reading. The best job in the world is being able to marry the two.

Sexy foreplay

Slow Body Rock  - Nora Flite

ARC provided by Author for an honest review.

4.5 - 5 ROCK OUT STARS

This book is the continuation just after Hard Body Rock , when Lola wakes up after her first day and night as a full fledge member of Four and a Half Headstones. Things have changed with Drezden. He's more intense, if that's even possible, making Lola that much more confused and uncomfortable around him.

Drezden has decided he want's Lola, no matter the consequences. He also realizes during rehearsals that her fumbles while playing are a result of her reactions to him. But he also realizes that if he doesn't get to her before she hits the stage, he may lose her forever, to the fans and to her coming Rockstar status. Conflicted by what could happen when she becomes famous, he sets out to get what he wants, even if she's pushing him away.

"I don't know what my game is either," he whispers. "I only know the prize."

"You think I don't care? Lola, it's not about that! It's about being willing enough, strong enough, to take a god damn risk!"

Lola was my new addiction, and when she wouldn't allow me to have a hit, tobacco was all that remained.

"When did you become my drug?"

~ Drezden Halifax

I am waffling between giving it a full 5 stars or 4.5 because I don't know (I assume there will be) another book after this. I want another book after this! If she leaves me hanging and there isn't another one then its a 4.5.

I desperately want to know the same things that Lola wants to know...

Tomorrow, will we both be different people? What will he act like tomorrow? What will my life be like now? ~ Lola Cooper

There is a lot of internal dialogue and contemplation in both books of this series, which I don't normally like, but I can honestly say it doesn't distract from the story at all. Actually I think it adds to the intensity of what's going on between Lola and Drezden along with the alternating perspectives. I don't even feel like the other characters are being ignored, which can easily happen when you get so wrapped up in the world of two people discovering each other as well as themselves through there connection.

There is only one real sex scene between both of these books but when it happens the anticipation is so high, you can't help but get a little tingle. It was time and I, as the reader, was ready. All the foreplay before got me to the point I was shaking as much as I imagined Lola was.

description

I loved Lola's excitement over performing so well that even she knew she'd cemented her place as a Rockstar! I felt like I was at the concert, I was so excited for Lola.

description

The author did a great job, editing and there were NO spelling mistakes. Shocking I know. I don't see this seasoned authors with books published by established publishers. There were no slow moments when you just wanted to get through it. If anything I was reading too fast to get to what would happen next.

Good Job Nora. I will definitely read more from you, and PLEASE have more of Lola and Drezden's story. Thanks for the read, I enjoyed it immensely.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/848760167