sajie

Crazy For Books

I'm a film/television producer and book scout. I'm always looking for book material to work with. I love film and television as well as reading. The best job in the world is being able to marry the two.

Just Okay!

The Billion Dollar Bad Boy - Jackie Ashenden

ARC provided by St. Martins Press through NetGalley for an honest review

2.5 - 3 PRINCESS STARS

This one wasn't as good as The Billion Dollar Bachelor , but still cute. Donovan "Van" Morrow is the younger, playboy brother to Jax Morrow. He's the face of the family business and runs all their P.R. He never felt as if he fit into the family and felt used by his father, so now he's determined to keep some property that Jax want to get rid of.

While going through the motions of reviewing bids for the property he has no intentions of selling, Van meets Victoria de Winter. She is the daughter to real estate magnet, Cameron de Winter. She's known as the "Ice Princess." She's shrewd in business and known for taking no prisoners. But she's had to be. She also feels unaccepted by her family for many reasons.

These two see something in each other that calls out to them. Maybe loneliness, the need for love and acceptance. But what ever it is, they can't seem to stay away from each other. She wants the deal to happen and will do anything to make it so. He won't budge and she's determined to find out why. They can't seem to stop testing each others boundaries and limits. Until they realized that they only need each other.

This one was much harder to get into than The Billion Dollar Bachelor , but it was still sweet.

The Good: Two people finding each other when there was every reason for them to never believe in love. I did like the ending.

The Bad: Very slow moving and getting to the point. The connection wasn't there as much as it seemed to be with Jax and Pandora's characters.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/877648822