sajie

Crazy For Books

I'm a film/television producer and book scout. I'm always looking for book material to work with. I love film and television as well as reading. The best job in the world is being able to marry the two.

Hot and Adorable

Play (A Stage Dive Novel) - Kylie Scott

ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review

4.5 - 5 HILARIOUS PUMPKIN STARS

Malcolm "Mal" Ericson is the drummer we met in Lick , the first installment in the Stage Dive series.

Something is going on with Mal and he won't talk to anyone. Where he has always been the life of the party, something is different. He seems to have these manic highs, but they feel forced.

"Come find another toy." ~ Ben

"Ooh, she's shiny." - ~Mal

"Why don't you go and ask her what her name is?" ~ Ben

"Do I need to know her name?" ~ Mal

"I've heard it helps" ~ Ben

"Maybe for you," Mal scoffed. "I just call out my won name during sex." ~ Mal

description

"You're an awesome lay, a great girl, I fucking hate it when you're sad, and I don't like it when you're not around. I'm even getting used to the fighting and drama now and then, because the make-up sex is rocking." ~ Mal

Next door neighbor, drags Anne Rollins, to her friend Ev and David's condo for a party. Where Anne meets Mal after he overhears he telling a friend that everything that could go wrong has. The next thing she knows Mal has moved into her apartment and is asking her to fake being his girlfriend. She agrees, because not only has she had a major crush on the drummer since she was a teen, she really needs the money. It doesn't hurt that Mal is an adorable sweetheart she needs the help, financially.

description

"You know, I honestly can't decide if your ego is repulsive or just impressive." ~ Anne

Soon it become apparent that something is wrong with Mal and Anne will do anything to help him.

description

But her long time crush, Reece, has finally realized that Anne is special and he wants her as well. As Mal and Anne get closer, they don't seem to be faking it anymore. Hilarity ensues with Mal being jealous and not knowing how to deal with those feelings.

The chemistry between the two Mal and Anne was smoking...

description

He makes her laugh and she is the perfect person for him, because she's good at letting things go. She can even laugh at what most would find annoying about Mal. As everyone knows, I LOVED Lick , but this one surpassed my expectations. Sweet, funny and a rock star... What more could you ask for?

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/711192591