sajie

Crazy For Books

I'm a film/television producer and book scout. I'm always looking for book material to work with. I love film and television as well as reading. The best job in the world is being able to marry the two.

ONE WEEK THREE HEARTS by Adele Allaire

One Week Three Hearts: (Three Hearts BBW Menage Trilogy (Part One of Book 2 of 3)) - Adele Allaire

3 Stars

I find the story intriguing, but the writing difficult. After their night together resulted in what Rose wanted most of all, a horrific tragedy befalls her. Now months laters, she in Hawaii with Matt at Jason encouragement. But he doesn't seem happy to see her. In actuality he's cold, forceful, degrading and pawning her off on another man to use.

Rose doesn't know what to make of this until Matt explains Jason's roll in it all.

But here is where I as a reader am having an issue. Most of the dialogue is from Matt. But then there are the jumps that the author does, from what Rose is thinking or into action. It's really hard to explain and even harder to read. I don't dislike it, I'm just confused by it as it doesn't seem to happen all the time and when it does happen it's like a jolt forward into something no one had a conversation about, yet its happening.

I don't know how to explain it. I'm also not happy about the fact that Matt seems to think the way to get Rose out of her depression is to treat her with disdain, abuse and apathy. But for some reason I'm still interested. I'm so confused...

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/926380301