sajie

Crazy For Books

I'm a film/television producer and book scout. I'm always looking for book material to work with. I love film and television as well as reading. The best job in the world is being able to marry the two.

5+++RUTHLESS KITTEN STARS

Seduced in the Dark  - C.J. Roberts

And there's an Epilogue too?! I can't wait to read it.

When we first find Livvie in this book, she's been arrested for trying to cross the Mexican Border into American holding a gun and covered in blood.

description

FBI Agent Matthew Reed and Dr. Janice Sloan, FBI social worker, are trying to get Livvie to talk about her experience and want to make sure she was actually a victim. The rest of the book is spent with Livvie telling how she came to fall in love with her captor, kill a man, and get herself across the border and back on American soil.

Agent Reed and Agent Sloan need their own story. Their time in this book was brief and framed Livvie telling her story about what happened to her her four months in captivity. But what did happen between them was FREAKING H.O.T.!

description

At first Agent Reed is very hard on Livvie, but soon his personal history starts to influence his thoughts on Livvie's experience as well as Caleb's life. Livvie makes a deal that she and her family can go into WITSEC separately.

During Livvie's telling of the story, we find out how Caleb came to be with Rafiq. Felipe and Celia play a big role in his relationship with Livvie as well as him finding out how he came to be a kidnapped child, prostitute, killer and sex trainer.

I had a feeling early on in this book that what I thought could be, was what was going to turn up as a major twist in the story. I was right, but so much more happened that I didn't see coming.

I was torn between what Caleb made Livvie do and what she wanted to do. He made her who she was sexually. But she loved him anyway.

description

It was a long book, but I couldn't stop reading it. There was always a twist or a turn. There was never a dull moment. I read every word with reverence. I just can't say enough good thing about the book. I loved and hated Caleb at the same time. I was sad for Livvie for the most part, but felt that she somehow kept her strength and dignity throughout her ordeal. And when she was finally free it was only to be thrown into a prison until her story was sorted out. Agent Reed had little to no compassion at the beginning, but Livvie shocked him and turned him on at every opportunity. Making him show his human gooey center and, if not understand, at least sympathize with her.

Livvie kept her "smart mouth" as Caleb would call it. And she used her quick whit and smart moth to manipulate her captors as well as the FBI agents into doing what she wanted. She was stronger than anyone gave her credit for and I LOVED that about her.

Thank you C.J. Roberts for a fabulous book. I can't wait to read more from you.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/555680680